|Koç University School of Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey, invites applications for full-time faculty positions in the following disciplines: Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, Biophysics, Physiology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Microbiology, Pharmacology and Biochemistry.
Founded in 1993, Koç University is a private, non-profit institution of higher education, located at a state-of-the-art campus in Sariyer, Istanbul. The University is committed to the pursuit of excellence in research, teaching, and patient care and aims to foster translational research through strong collaborations between clinical and basic researchers.
The first 3 years of pre-clinical medical education are offered at the main campus in Sariyer, followed by 3 years of clinical training at the new Koç University Health Sciences Campus in Topkapi district of Istanbul.
Koç University School of Medicine’s mission and vision include;
• Educating future leaders of medicine
• Highest professional and ethical standards
• Commitment to scientific basis of medicine
• Compassionate, exemplary bedside manners
• Commitment to lifetime learning and advancement
• Conducting outstanding research with worldwide impact in selected sub-disciplines
The medium of instruction is English. Currently, Koç University offers degrees in the Colleges of Administrative Sciences and Economics, Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, Engineering, Law, Nursing and Medicine. Detailed information about the University can be found at the following web site: http://www.ku.edu.tr.
We are looking for outstanding individuals who are able to build strong teaching and research programs and who will become future intellectual and professional leaders. This invitation is open at all academic levels.
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
All information on candidates and the application process will be kept strictly confidential.
Applicants should submit:
• a letter of intent emphasizing his/her research path,
• an up-to-date CV,
• publication and citation lists,
• names and contact information of six references (3 superiors, 3 peers, 3 subordinates such as master or PhD students)
G. Evren Keles, MD
Professor of Neurosurgery
Koç University School of Medicine