|AEI Pro Tempore Pool Posting 2016-17
The American English Institute at the University of Oregon is seeking qualified candidates for its open Pro Tem instructor pool (2016-17). Positions are limited-duration appointments potentially renewable for up to a total of three years. In limited circumstances, there is the possibility of renewal beyond three years, based on programmatic need, funding and performance. Potential courses may include academic reading, writing, and/or oral communication skills in the Academic English for International Students program, or reading/writing/grammar and oral communications skills in the Intensive English Program.
Applicants must possess a minimum of the following required qualifications:
• Master’s degree in TESOL, TEFL, Linguistics, or a closely-related field.
• Any of the following: Experience within Intensive English Programs, English for Academic Purposes, or English for Specific Purposes contexts in the US or abroad in ESL, EFL, or online/hybrid ESL/EFL.
• Experience in communicative language methodology, task-based learning, and skills integration.
• Ability to develop and adapt classroom materials to meet students’ needs.
• Proficiency using technology in classroom and instructional activities.
• Demonstrated experience in teaching across program levels and skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of instructional teams and faculty committees.
• Native-like proficiency in English. Hiring may be contingent upon English proficiency assessment.
• Candidates with experience serving the needs of diverse populations are strongly desired.
• Experience and flexibility in working across IEP, EAP, and ESP contexts as well as online learning is a plus.
The University of Oregon and the American English Institute are committed to creating a more inclusive and diverse institution and seek candidates with demonstrated potential to contribute positively to its multicultural community.
To apply, please follow instructions on the UO Jobs/Academic Pool page for electronic submission of an application letter, CV, three letters of reference, and transcripts (unofficial accepted) to Academic Jobs Online, https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/7912.
Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and screening of applications will take place as positions become available and continue until positions are filled. This pool will remain active until 8/31/17.
More information about the American English Institute at the University of Oregon may be found by visiting the department website at http://aei.uoregon.edu.
The University of Oregon is an EO/AA/ADA institution committed to cultural diversity. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.|