Molecular, Cell and Cancer Biology, University of Massachusetts Medical School
|Position ID:||UMASSMED-MCCB-POSTDOCSW [#8914]|
|Position Title: ||Postdoc / Wolfe|
|Position Location:||Worcester, Massachusetts 01655, United States [map]|
|Subject Area: ||Biology / Molecular/Cell Biology|
|Appl Deadline:|| (posted 2017/02/16, listed until 2018/02/28)|
|Position Description:|| |
|The Wolfe laboratory will be filling a postdoctoral position that is associated with Cpf1-based genome editing. We have recently published a novel Cas9-pDBD platform (Nature Methods 12, 1150–1156 (2015)) that we are further elaborating on this and other nuclease platforms for genome editing and gene therapy applications. These efforts will focus on:
1) The development of highly precise editing tools for human gene therapy applications
2) The nuclease-based inactivation of latent HIV provirus in infected CD4+ T cells.
3) The development of new editing tools for zebrafish and mouse genome engineering for the study of gene function during development and the creation of new disease models.
These studies will expose the successful candidate to cutting-edge CRISPR-Cas9 and CRISPR-Cpf1 nuclease technologies and to deep-sequencing approaches to monitor genome modification levels and nuclease precision. Candidates should have a Ph.D. in biology, biochemistry, chemistry or a related biomedical science. In addition, the potential candidate must have strong oral and written communication skills and be eager to present research results at national meetings. Prior experience with CRISPR-Cas9 nuclease platforms, cell culture, deep-sequencing technologies and zebrafish biology is advantageous, but not required.
Applicants should send a letter describing their current research activities and their interest in this position, a CV (including publications) and contact information for three references, including your Ph.D. advisor.
Further details about the Wolfe laboratory and the positions that are available can be found at http://labs.umassmed.edu/WolfeLab/index.html
UMass Medical School is committed to being an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and recognizes the power of a diverse community. We encourage applications from protected veterans, individuals with disabilities and those with varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds to consider UMass Medical School as their employer of choice.|
Application Materials Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site )
- And anything else requested in the position description.
- Lazare Medical Research Building
364 Plantation Street
Worcester, MA 01605
© 2017 AcademicJobsOnline.Org. All Rights Reserved.