|Position ID:||Benedictine University-SchofEduc-DIROFEDD03012017 [#8960]|
|Position Title:||Director, Ed.D in Educational Leadership and Administration|
|Position Location:||Lisle, Illinois 60532, United States [map]|
|Subject Area:||Educational Leadership / Educational Administration|
|Appl Deadline:||(posted 2017/03/01, listed until 2017/09/01)|
School of Education
Director, Ed.D. Educational Leadership and Administration
Full-Time, Professional Faculty, June 2017
Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has branch campuses in Springfield, Illinois and Mesa, Arizona.
We are Catholic. All are welcome. Benedictine University seeks employees who understand and contribute to the University’s mission and vision. Inspired by our Catholic Benedictine mission and identity, our academic community is committed to inclusion. As an institution, we express our commitment to our identity as a Catholic and Benedictine institution through our values as they are manifested throughout the University. As such, all employees are expected to support the University’s Catholic Benedictine mission and identity and to contribute to its distinctive intellectual life in an effort to help each student and each other to thrive academically, professionally, and personally in our religiously and culturally diverse academic community.
Position Description: Benedictine University School of Education invites applications for the Director, Ed.D. in Educational Leadership and Administration. The successful candidate will hold the terminal degree in a relevant field and offer evidence of research, teaching and sustained and senior leadership. We seek a scholar and practitioner to develop this new degree for offer in 2018 and to direct and manage students in the existing Ed.D. as they complete their programs. Experience in delivering online education and in the assessment of learning outcomes at the doctoral level is highly desired. The Director will support the University's mission and Catholic and Benedictine values and traditions. The appointment date is June 2017.
• Develop, lead, deliver and manage the curriculum and program for the Ed.D. This may be hybrid, online or both. Target implementation, Fall 2018.
· Manage the teach-out of the current Ed.D. in Higher Education and Organizational Change
· Lead and execute systematic assessment of the new Ed.D. program, including learning outcomes and alumni achievement as scholars and practitioners
· Manager Ed.D. faculty recruitment, selection, appointment and assessment
· Build, maintain and expand enrollment in collaboration with marketing and services of the School of Graduate, Adult and Professional Education; track and improve continuously the retention, graduation and success of students
· Maintain, design and develop Ed.D. program data for continued improvement
· Teach Ed.D. course and serve on dissertation committees
· Coordinate and deliver academic and program advising for Ed.D. students
· Build the processional and scholarly reputation of the program
• Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in an academic field appropriate to the Ed.D. or, with an earned doctorate, experience at the level of chief executive
• Experience as a senior leader, preferably in education
• Research and/or professional presentations, peer reviewed
Familiarity with technology and online delivery methods
• Ability to interact successful and work harmoniously with colleagues and students in a diverse community
Contemporary professional experience and recognition in setting appropriate to the area of degree
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Application Process: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing current teaching experience, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, statements of teaching philosophy and research/scholarly interests, and three letters of recommendation (at least one addressing teaching effectiveness) through Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/8960
Any questions should be directed to: Dr. Sunil Chand, Associate Dean in the College of Education and Health Services, Benedictine University, 5700 College Road, Lisle, IL, 60532; e-mail email@example.com.
Application Material Required:
Submit the following items online at this web site:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Research Statement
• Teaching Statement
• Graduate Transcript
• Three Reference Letters
Candidates who are offered a faculty position at Benedictine University must present Official Transcripts and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in order to be considered for the position, and must present them to Human Resources before the position starts.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Erica George, Assistant to the Dean
5700 College Road
Lisle, IL 60532