| The main LIST page|
The "List" option will bring up a page similar to the image below:
Let's take a look at the features offered on this page, starting from the top, going down:
- The *Links* listed in the AcademicJobsOnline.Org header are all the actions/options available to you as an AcademicJobsOnline administrator. The first link is "List", which would just reload the List page you are on right now. The other links would take you out of List and into the option associated with the link selected.
If you do not have any applications for your job(s) yet, or if you haven't posted any jobs yet, the Application List area will be blank. Once you have applicants for your job(s), they will appear in this list and the following documentation may assist you. Later, when you mark your jobs as "finished" or "deleted" the names of applicants for those positions will no longer appear on this list.
Clicking on the Application List header will set the applicant list to its default state. You may want to use this feature after you've changed the ordering of the data or number of columns (see details on this below) of the applicant list.
There are four links to the right of the header. Clicking on download will allow you to save the application list to a .csv file spreadsheet. Clicking on xls will allow you to save the application list to an .xls file spreadsheet. Clicking on PDFs will allow you to create PDFs of the applications. map will create a map of the location of current selected applicants.
Clicking on a letter in the alphabet listing under the Application List header will create a list of only those applicants whose last name begins with that letter.
To the right of the alphabetic selection, you will see the tags you've assigned to your job listings. (e.g., Research Asst. Professor might be "RAP"). Initially, all your job tags will appear as bright green. clicking on one or more of them will make the tag show as gray and only applicants for the remaining jobs will appear on the list. To see applicants for one position only, make sure only that tag is selected in bright green and all the others show as gray.
Clicking on one of the column headings will re-order your applicant list based on the alpha or numeric ordering of the column. If you click on the x in the top right of any column, you can hide any columns in the applicant list. By clicking on the >> by the Name column heading, you can bring back all hidden columns and reset the order of the list.
You can create Custom Lists by adding extra data fields (columns) to the applicant list. These fields can then be used by faculty to input data/feedback about applicants and to search or filter the application list.
To print, update, or process an application, click on the name of the applicant, in the Name column. This will bring up a window, which is documented below.
If you have made any updates to the list, when you are done click on the Submit button below the list.
| Printing, Processing, and Updating your applications|
If you click on the name of the applicant in the Name column, a window similar to the one below will come up. Let's take a closer look at this page to clarify what actions are available to you:
- In the first row of data, directly below the applicant's name, you'll see links for Reload, PDF, All, and Edit.
- Reload will reload the page anew, undoing any selections you've made.
- PDF will bring up the applicant's cover sheet in PDF format. Here you will be able to print it out by selecting File | Print...
- All will list out all an applicant's possible materials in a new PDF document. Here you can choose to exclude any of these items from new PDFs and snapshots.
- You will also see a tiny camera icon. This will bring up a previous snapshots taken of the applicant's materials.
- Approximately 1/3 of the way down the page you'll find Position(s) applied. Here you will be able to de-select a position that had been applied to if the applicant wants to withdraw their application from that position. To de-select, just uncheck the box and click Submit. Please note that applicants can log into their AcademicJobsOnline account and withdraw an application themselves as well.
- The References section is the next item. When reference letters have not been received online (yet), there will be a checkbox with Received?. Check the box to indicate that you have received the item.
Once a letter has been received online from the reference letter writers, a date of receipt will appear and you can view and print the item received.
- If you see a checkmark before the reference's name, this means that this person has agreed to be a reference. If you see (teaching at the right of the reference's information, this means that this person is a teaching reference.
- In the box to the right of a listed reference, the first link will refer to the actual submitted reference letter and the format it was submitted in. Clicking on this link will bring up the reference letter in the format it was submitted. Clicking the PDF link will bring it up in PDF format.
- If you have a reference letter on your PC (scanned or otherwise) you wish to upload for the applicant, click the green plus icon to upload the document.
- The Processed? checkbox is where you can indicate that you have taken the necessary steps to complete initial processing at your institution.
- Mark the Complete? checkbox if all the required material has been received for that applicant. The Complete? notation also appears on the Application List (documented above).
- The Received Material section is midway in the page. When items have not been received online (yet), there will be a checkbox with Received?. Check the box to indicate that you have received the item. Once an item has been received online, you can view and print all the material that has been received for this applicant. For each position applied for, the materials will be listed to the right of the position's tag designation.
- To the right of a listed item, the first link will refer to the actual submitted material and the format it was submitted in. Clicking on this link will bring up the item in the format in which it was submitted. Clicking the PDF link will bring it up in PDF format.
- If you have material on your PC (scanned or otherwise) you wish to upload for the applicant, click the green plus icon to upload the document.
- Staff Log is where staff can keep notes about the progress of the application. Once written and submitted, the note will appear in this area, with the date and username automatically appended. A new, blank Staff Log box will appear, ready for the next note, or you can upload a file. You can choose to make the note viewable by Faculty at creation time or later on, when you'll also have the option to delete it.
By clicking on the access link here, you can limit access of the application to selected members. An individual application may need special access set, in special circumstances like a personal conflict. Normally, access control is set on the Config screen.
If you are tracking paper folders, you may use the Check Out item to indicate which faculty member has taken the folder, and use the "check in" selection to check the folder back in.
You can see the Ratings of this applicant by faculty by click on the "ratings/comments" link.
If you are tracking paper folders, you may use the last box to indicate which faculty member has taken the folder, and use the "check in" box (which will appear later) to check the folder back in.
- My Private Notes is where you can write private notes for yourself. This will not be viewable by others.