Masdar Institute of Science and Technology
|Position ID:||MasdarInstitute-GENMATH [#7309]|
|Position Title: ||Lecturer or Senior Lecturer of Mathematics|
|Position Location:||Masdar City, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates [map]|
|Subject Area: ||Mathematics|
|Appl Deadline:|| (posted 2016/05/18)|
|Position Description:|| |
|Masdar Institute of Science and Technology is seeking applicants for teaching the following:
1. Graduate level engineering math courses that cover advanced PDE, Vector and Matrix Calculus. With focus on applied engineering applications.
2. Refresher math courses that will prepare and refresh the incoming students who are joining graduate level (Masters and PhD) program to handle courses that require senior level undergraduate math. The topics taught include, but not limited to, one and multi variable calculus, differential equations, complex analysis, discrete math, statistics and probability, linear algebra. A combination of these topics are required by different graduate programs at MI. Therefore, different tracks are planned to cover these topics for the requirements of the respective programs.
Key responsibilities for this position:
-Develop appropriate mathematics-based course materials and introduce continuous curricular changes as needed.
-Teach three courses per semester that cover these topics, with focus on both concepts and engineering problems as applications for these concepts.
-Organize and compiling the teaching materials (e.g. texts, course notes, online resources
-Organize and teaching 2-3 weeks intense math courses/workshops during the winter and summer to cover special topics or subjects as needed
-Develop and conduct placement exams for the refresher courses to provide an opportunity for the students to waive these courses and take alternatives.
-Supervise and conduct tutoring and recital sessions. This is needed to make sure the courses progress as per the planned syllabi and no student is left behind, or allowed to slow the class.
-Interact with General Education Coordinator, and respective Program Heads to help improve and fine tune the courses
The qualified applicant will have a PhD in mathematics, engineering or relevant science-based degree from a reputable university and must be passionate about teaching undergraduate and graduate level mathematics. The selection committee will give significant weight to hands-on math teaching experience and a statement of teaching philosophy is required along the application.
1.A Minimum of 3 years teaching experience at the university level. Teaching engineering students and graduate level courses is required.
2.Demonstrated ability in compiling and organizing diverse instructional material.
3.Ability to organize, conduct and evaluate online course/modules as supplement for the in-class material.
Additional Qualifications (not required but preferred):
1.MATLAB and knowledge of computer algebra.
2.Web based educational set up and experience.|
Application Materials Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Teaching Statement
- Publication List
- Three Publication Samples
- Four Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site )
- And anything else requested in the position description.
- Dean's Office,
Masdar Institute of Science and Technology,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
© 2017 AcademicJobsOnline.Org. All Rights Reserved.