|Position ID:||Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory - Nuclear Science-PFNS [#7890, 82899]|
|Position Title:||Postdoctoral Fellow in Neutrino Physics|
|Position Location:||Berkeley, California 94720, United States [map]|
|Subject Areas:||Physics / Nuclear Physics, HEP-Experiment (hep-ex), Nuclear Experiment (nucl-ex)|
|Appl Deadline:||(posted 2016/09/09, listed until 2017/03/09)|
|Postdoctoral Fellow in Neutrino Physics - 82899|
Organization: NS-Nuclear Science
Berkeley Lab is Bringing Science Solutions to the World, and YOU can be a part of it!
In the world of science, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (LBNL) is synonymous with "excellence." That's why we hire the best - whether in research, science or operations. This is a great opportunity to bring your top-notch skills to bear in support of world-class scientific research that addresses national and global challenges!
Berkeley Lab’s Nuclear Science Division has an opening for a Postdoctoral Fellow. This position will work on experiments to search for lepton number violation and to probe the absolute neutrino mass scale.
• Perform data analysis, support for operations, and maintenance of electronics for the Majorana Demonstrator experiment.
• Develop advanced germanium detectors and associated electronics for neutrinoless double-beta decay search.
• Develop analysis software for gamma and beta spectrum measurements.
• Develop clean materials and processes for next-generation low-background rare-event search experiments.
• Ph.D. in Nuclear Physics, High Energy Physics or related discipline within the last two years.
• Experience with nuclear instrumentation or radiation detection.
• Experience with programming and physics analysis.
• Demonstrated ability to perform research independently and as part of a research group.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
• Relevant publication record demonstrating proficient written and oral presentation of scientific results.
• Knowledge of analog and digital electronics design and testing for radiation detectors.
• Knowledge of advanced digital signal processing techniques.
The posting shall remain open until the position is filled.
• This is a 2 year postdoctoral appointment with the possibility of renewal based upon satisfactory job performance, continuing availability of funds and ongoing operational needs. You must have less than 3 years paid postdoctoral experience.
• Salary for Postdoctoral positions depends on years of experience post-degree.
• Salary will be predetermined based on postdoctoral step rates.
• This position requires completion of a background check.
How To Apply
Apply directly online at http://184.108.40.206/counter.php?id=78763 and follow the on-line instructions to complete the application process.
Please provide the following required materials along with your application:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Three letters of recommendation: Please have the letter writers send these directly to Alan Poon (email@example.com).
Questions related to this position can be directed to Alan Poon (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Berkeley Lab understands the postdoctoral experience in a research environment is unique. We are committed to the growth and development of early career researchers in pursuit of becoming next generation scientists and engineers. Read about the excellent postdoctoral benefits at Berkeley Lab (http://www.garnett-powers.com/postdoc/lbl/).
Berkeley Lab addresses the world’s most urgent scientific challenges by advancing sustainable energy, protecting human health, creating new materials, and revealing the origin and fate of the universe. Founded in 1931, Berkeley Lab’s scientific expertise has been recognized with 13 Nobel prizes. The University of California manages Berkeley Lab for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science.
Berkeley Lab is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status. Click here to view the poster: "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law".