|Fellowship ID:||YaleNUS-PDFOPEN [#8425]|
|Fellowship Title:||Postdoctoral Fellowships|
|Location:||Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge 119077, Singapore [map]|
|Appl Deadline:||2017/12/31 (posted 2016/10/27, updated 2017/04/18)|
|The Yale-NUS Postdoctoral Fellowship|
The goal of the Yale-NUS Postdoctoral Fellowship is to attract talented young scholars, and provide a potential avenue for tenure track positions at Yale-NUS College. Normally, the College will appoint Postdoctoral Fellows for up to 3-year terms, with an initial 1-year term and a possible 2-year extension. Individuals who successfully complete a three-year fellowship with distinction may be considered for subsequent tenure or educator track contracts following their fellowships.
Eligibility & Qualifications:
• All nationalities
• PhD completed no more than 2 years prior to the date of application
• Expertise in any field taught by Yale-NUS College
• Academic potential, ability to bring diverse ideas to Yale-NUS, and a willingness to interact with a broad range of colleagues and students will be major selection criteria.
Appointment & Salary:
Normally, individuals are appointed initially for a 1-year period with the possibility of a 2-year extension, and serve for a maximum of 3 years. Postdoctoral Fellows should be prepared to start the position between 1 July and 1 August 2017. Annual Salary is $72,000 (Singaporean dollars) with standard benefits. A modest research stipend for attending conferences or professional meetings, membership dues and subscriptions may also be provided. Postdoctoral appointees will be paired with a Yale-NUS faculty mentor, are expected to conduct active research within their particular field of expertise, and will teach one course per semester, with approximately half of the teaching within the Common Curriculum (https://www.yale-nus.edu.sg/curriculum/common-curriculum/).
For full consideration, submit the following materials via https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/YaleNUS:
• Cover letter
• Statement on research interests
• Evidence of teaching experience
• A curriculum contribution statement that briefly discusses the applicability of the candidate’s teaching and scholarship to the Yale-NUS Common Curriculum.
For questions concerning administrative aspects of the application, please contact:
Science: Divisional Manager, Ms Aniza A. Wahid at Enquiry_ScienceDiv@yale-nus.edu.sg
Social Science: Divisional Manager, Ms Renee Lau at Enquiry_SocialSciencesDiv@yale-nus.edu.sg