|Position ID:||Benedictine University-Nursing and Health-ASTPROFMSNGRADPROGFAC [#8824]|
|Position Title:||Assistant Professor|
|Position Type:||Tenured/Tenure-track faculty|
|Position Location:||Lisle, Illinois 60532, United States [map]|
|Subject Area:||Nursing / Women's Health NP|
|Appl Deadline:||2017/05/31 (posted 2017/01/19, listed until 2017/07/19)|
Department of Nursing and Health
MSN Graduate Program Faculty
Full-Time, Tenure-Track Faculty, 2017 Fall Semester
We are Catholic. All are welcome. Benedictine University seeks employees who understand and contribute to the University’s mission and vision. Inspired by our Catholic Benedictine mission and identity, our academic community is committed to inclusion. As an institution, we express our commitment to our identity as a Catholic and Benedictine institution through our values as they are manifested throughout the University. As such, all employees are expected to support the University’s Catholic Benedictine mission and identity and to contribute to its distinctive intellectual life in an effort to help each student and each other to thrive academically, professionally, and personally in our religiously and culturally diverse academic community.
Founded as a Catholic university in 1887, Benedictine University is located in Lisle, Illinois just 25 miles west of Chicago, and has branch campuses in Springfield, Illinois and Mesa, Arizona.
Position Description: Benedictine University Department of Nursing and Health invites applications for a full-time, 9 month, tenure-track faculty appointment as Assistant Professor. Position involves teaching in an innovative, online MSN program. Appointment date is August 2017.
• Teach in an on-line MSN graduate program
• Participate in, and assume selected leadership roles in components of curriculum development, implementation, and revision
• Participate in the systematic program evaluation of the MSN program
• Participate in professional and community activities
• Participate in academic activities at Department, College, and University levels
• Earned doctorate (in Nursing or related field) from an accredited institution
• Master’s degree in nursing
• Current, unencumbered Illinois registered nurse (RN) license
• Five years of clinical nursing experience
• Experience with teaching on the graduate level and on-line delivery
• Ability to interact successfully within a multicultural environment and to work harmoniously with colleagues, students and the community
• Evidence of scholarly/research accomplishments
• Certification as a nurse executive and/or nurse educator
• Certification in an area of clinical practice and/or licensure as an advance practice nurse
Application Deadline: Review of applications begins immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Application Process: Interested applicants should submit a cover letter describing current teaching experience, curriculum vitae, graduate transcripts, statements of teaching philosophy and research/scholarly interests, and three letters of recommendation (at least one addressing teaching effectiveness) through Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/Benedictine%20University.
Any questions should be directed to: Jennifer Lange, Office Assistant, Department of Nursing and Health, College of Education and Health Services, Benedictine University, 5700 College Road, Lisle, IL, 60532; Phone 630-829-1152; Fax 630-829-1154; e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Material Required:
Submit the following items online at this web site:
• Cover Letter
• Curriculum Vitae
• Teaching Statement
• Scholarly and Research Interests
• Graduate Transcript
• Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site)
Candidates who are offered a faculty position at Benedictine University must present Official Transcripts and Curriculum Vitae (CV) in order to be considered for the position, and must present them to Human Resources before the position starts.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The laws applicable to Benedictine University include constitutional and statutory protections of the University's rights as a religiously sponsored institution. This policy of equal employment opportunity applies to all employment and personnel practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promotion, training and compensation.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Benedictine University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jennifer Lange email@example.com
5700 College Road
Lisle, IL 60532