|Position ID:||Cornell-BEE/CALS-WRIPD [#8907]|
|Position Title:||Postdoctoral Associate - Water Resources Institute|
|Position Location:||Ithaca, New York 14853, United States [map]|
|Subject Areas:||Environmental Engineering|
|Appl Deadline:||2017/03/31 (posted 2017/02/14)|
|Postdoctoral Associate Position Available:
Postdoctoral Research Associate – New York State Water Resources Institute – Biological and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University
Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University
Position: Postdoctoral Associate, non tenure-track, one-year term.
Location: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853-5701. The academic home for this position is the Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
The New York State Water Resources Institute (WRI) in the Department of Biological and Environmental Engineering at Cornell University is inviting applications for a position in the field of water resource science & management. We are looking for an individual with a PhD in environmental engineering, hydrology, land use planning, geography or related fields, and an interest in outreach and applied research focused on watershed and estuary management in NY’s Hudson Valley. The applicant will be expected to develop and maintain a relationship with WRI staff working off-campus in the Hudson River Estuary Program (HREP), and perform research and outreach that furthers goals outlined in the HREP Action Agenda. Experience in using tools/methodologies such as statistics, hydrological modeling, geographic information systems, natural resource assessment, and economic planning is desirable.
The appointee is expected to:
• Initiate and lead multidisciplinary research projects in cooperation with Hudson River Estuary Program staff and Cornell researchers,
• Engage in outreach activities with Hudson Valley and other NYS stakeholders,
• Assist in WRI’s general mission of providing resources to improve water management and policy by providing timely research and outreach to NY stakeholders through publication of relevant peer-reviewed literature, white papers, web content, and presentations at scientific conferences and other appropriate venues of water resource management,
• Assist in development of proposals to secure external funding for research projects,
• Develop additional projects building on the strengths, interests, and expertise of the candidate, and
• Occasionally travel to Hudson Valley (valid driver’s License required).
The successful candidate will have:
• PhD in environmental engineering, hydrology, land use planning, geography or related field
• A proven list of deliverables (peer-reviewed publications, derived products)
• Willingness and ability to assume a leadership role and conduct research as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Fluency in written and spoken English
Additional preferred qualifications include:
• Demonstrated outreach/communication skills and an ability to develop strong working relationships with stakeholders
How to Apply Anticipated starting date is asap. To apply, send a statement of interest, a CV and the names and contact information of at least two references to Brian Rahm (email@example.com). Applications will be considered until the position is filled. This position is initially planned for 1 year with renewal contingent on funding.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed until this position is filled.
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University’s heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.