|The University of Wyoming College of Engineering and Applied Science invites applications for an academic professional lecturer, at the Assistant, Associate, and/or Senior level at the Department of Petroleum Engineering. This position is for a one-year term, with an option for renewal, contingent on availability of funding and work performance. Applicants for this teaching position are sought with experience in one or more of the following areas of petroleum engineering: Drilling and Completions, Well Bore Operations, Production Engineering & Surface Facilities, Unconventional Reservoirs, but all areas of expertise are welcome. Candidates from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in their fields and advise students.
Current research emphases in the department include characterization of unconventional reservoirs, flow in porous media, and improved and enhanced oil recovery. The recently installed DrillSim 5000 drilling simulator will significantly enhance the department's capabilities for instruction and research in drilling engineering. Our industrial partners have also generously funded recent expansion of both our teaching and research facilities.
• Ph.D. or M.S. degree in Petroleum Engineering or a related field
• Industry experience in Petroleum Engineering or related field
• Demonstrated teaching ability in Petroleum Engineering or related field in an academic or industry organization
• PhD degree in Petroleum Engineering
• Demonstrated expertise in any of the following areas: Drilling and Completions, Wellbore Operations, Production Engineering, or Unconventional Reservoirs
• Experience in or with the energy (petroleum and natural gas) industry
• Experience teaching Petroleum Engineering courses
Applications must include: 1) a letter of application, 2) a curriculum vitae, 3) a statement of teaching interest, and 4) a minimum of three references with contact information. Review of applications will begin on May 1st, 2017, but applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Applications should be submitted electronically in a single pdf file.|
The University of Wyoming is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law and University policy. Please see www.uwyo.edu/diversity/fairness.
We conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Offers of employment are contingent upon the completion of the background check.