Clicking on the "Jobs" link will bring up a page similar to the one below.
If you configured any information or photos to show with your jobs listings, that will appear here, under the name of your institution.
To the right of your group name, you'll see a link for NewJob. Clicking here will enable you to create a New Job for your group. This feature will also be available under the Admin menu.
Now let's go down to the section where your group's jobs are listed.
- At the right in brackets is the job tag link for each position (e.g., TT1, RAP). Clicking here brings up a page which lists the description and requirements of the position. Editing the job description using the Edit link is described in detail in the next step.
- The first link to the right of a job listing is Edit. If you click on this link, you will get an editable page with the information for this job. The page is identical to the New Job page, where you initially entered the information for this job. NEVER EDIT A JOB FROM THE PREVIOUS YEAR, ALWAYS DUPLICATE INSTEAD.
When a job listing is finished, be sure to go into "Edit", scroll to the bottom of the page, and click on Finished or Deleted in the Job Status section.
- The second link to the right of a job listing is Duplicate. This feature is very useful if you have a new position similar to an existing one. Clicking here on your similar, existing job will give you a page containing the description for this job. Just make the necessary changes to the job description so that it will fit your new job. When you're finished making any changes, clicking on the Submit button will create the new position for you, which will then be listed back on your "Jobs" page.
- Preview will show you what the applicants see when applying for this job.
- [DEPARTMENT LEVEL] The next link, mv, will link you to a screen called "Move Applications to Another Job" where you will be able to move a set of applicants from one of your job listings to another. Care should be taken to only move applicants to a job with the same application requirements. Typically, this moving process is used only under very unusual circumstances.
On the screen "Move Applications to Another Job", you can move specified applications from one job to another job that you select from your list. The Preview choice at the bottom will allow you to see a list of the applications that would be moved. The Move button will move the applicants without previewing.