|Fermilab offers Intensity Frontier Fellowships to outstanding researchers in the areas of neutrino physics, muon physics, and other topics in the Intensity Frontier. Fellows will receive funding to allow enhanced participation in Fermilab experimental and data analysis efforts, in relevant areas of particle physics theory, or in future projects. The fellowships provide the ability for researchers to spend significant time at Fermilab working within the Intensity Frontier Department, with the goal of expanding and sustaining an intellectual center of excellence within the laboratory and the department.
We seek researchers with a doctorate in particle or nuclear physics who will use the resources available at Fermilab to make a major contribution to the Intensity Frontier in the areas of physics analysis of experiments, development of relevant particle physics theory, or development of future projects. The Fellowship provides an outstanding opportunity for young scientists to develop an independent research program.
Successful candidates will ordinarily be resident at Fermilab for 50% or more of the duration of the Fellowship.
- Term: 6 months to 1 year.
- Renewable to maximum of 2 years, with new proposal.
- Financial support: up to 50% of researcherâ€™s salary and fringe benefits, with remainder from researcherâ€™s home institution.
- Candidates must be employed by a U.S. or non-U.S. institution. Fermilab employees are not eligible.
- Awards may include a travel budget to enable regular trips to remote experimental locations when appropriate, and to conferences to present work.