|The School of International Letters & Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University (Tempe Campus) invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the area of Contemporary Francophone Literature and Culture. Anticipated start date is August 16, 2017. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct research publishable in top-tier journals, teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels in a variety of classroom settings (on-ground, online, hybrid), and participate in service to the university and profession appropriate with rank.
• By time of appointment, Ph.D. in French or a related field with a specialization in modern/contemporary Francophone literature/culture of Africa or the Caribbean
• Native or near-native proficiency in French and English
• Evidence of effective teaching
• Publication record in Francophone literature and culture
• Secondary specialization or focus in translation/translation theory
• Ability to leverage commonly-available technologies, including course management systems, digital media, and other tools as appropriate to deliver course content, facilitate student interaction and production, and assess student outcomes
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of diverse student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
Please submit electronically to http://academicjobsonline.org/ the following materials:
1) a current CV; 2) a cover letter addressing research, teaching philosophy, and how your research informs your teaching, and how your experience fits the qualifications above; 3) two recent sets of teaching evaluations; 4) the names, positions, and contact information (including email addresses) for three references, who may be contacted by academicjobsonline at a later stage in the search.
Initial deadline is November 18, 2016; if not filled, review will continue every two weeks thereafter until the search is closed. A background check is required for employment.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
For questions about the application process, please contact Clyde Jose at (480) 967-4276 or email@example.com.|