Department of Physics, Ecole Normale Supérieure
|Philippe Meyer Junior Research Chairs in Theoretical Physics, Department of Physics, Ecole Normale Supérieure, Paris
Closing date: October 30, 2016
The Physics Department of the Ecole Normale Supérieure (ENS Paris) invites applications for two Junior Research Chairs in theoretical physics, at the postdoctoral level, funded by the Philippe Meyer Institute for theoretical physics.
The Philippe Meyer Institute aims at recruiting outstanding candidates in theoretical physics with some experience at the international level. Appointments will be for two years with a possible extension for a third year. Salary is competitive, according to international experience and qualification.
The successful candidates will carry out theoretical physics research at the Physics Departement of the ENS (which includes Laboratoire Kastler-Brossel, Laboratoire Pierre Aigrain, Laboratoire de physique statistique, Laboratoire de physique théorique and Laboratoire de radioastronomie). For more information about the research in the Physics Department, please consult the website http://www.phys.ens.fr/?lang=en
Projects in particle and astroparticle physics, field and string theory, statistical physics and its applications in condensed matter physics, biophysics and information theory, are especially welcome.
Applications should consist of:
- A cover letter
- A complete CV including a list of publications
- A research statement taking into account possible interactions with research groups/faculty within the Department of Physics at Ecole normale supérieure (no more than 4 pages of A4).
- Three letters of recommendation from senior scientists, to be uploaded on AcademicJobsOnline.
Short-listed candidates may be invited for interview (videoconferences) late November / early December 2016.
Applications received by October 30, 2016 will receive full consideration. Positions will normally start in October 2016, but this is slightly negotiable.
Additional positions will be made available by the ENS-ICFP - International Centre for Fundamental Physics and its Interfaces
Application Materials Required:
- Submit the following items online at this website:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Publication List
- Three Reference Letters (to be submitted by the reference writers at this site )
- And anything else requested in the position description.
- Département de Physique, Ecole normale supérieure
24 rue Lhomond, 75231 Paris Cedex 05, France
© 2017 AcademicJobsOnline.Org. All Rights Reserved.